In this sense, urbaMonde and FUCVAM (Uruguayan Federation of Mutual Aid Housing Cooperatives) have decided to join forces to carry out in-depth training, visibility and systematization of the CVAM model, which will strengthen the presence and political impact of this model at the international level. By supporting the National Training School created in 2013 by FUCVAM, this project aims to support the dissemination and consolidation of the CVAM movement in South America.
This project, supported by the Fédération Genevoise de Coopération and the Fédération Vaudoise de Coopération and set up in collaboration with We Effect (Swedish Cooperation Center), is running since 2016. A first phase of 2 years has been completed in 2018, and a second phase of 3 years has been launched in July 2019. The project includes 3 support components:
- Training in the CVAM model (organisation, planning, financing, construction):
- Organisation of workshops within the CVAM members of FUCVAM in Uruguay
- Organisation of workshops within existing or training CVAM in Bolivia, Paraguay and Peru
- The documentation:
- Documentation of the various CVAM involved in the project (more than 500) on the collaborative platform co-habitat.io.
- Production of videos, photo reports, etc. and their distribution at an international level
- The annual regional meetings and awards:
- Organization each year of a regional meeting at the Latin American level (HUB), bringing together the various actors in the social production of habitat (conferences, workshops, experience exchanges, field visits)
- Organization every 2-3 years of an award (in collaboration with World Habitat et Habitat International Coalition) as part of the regional meeting, to raise the profile of exemplary projects in Latin America at the national and international levels.